Tuesday 27 July 2010

Hairspray - The Musical



This evening i've been to The Opera House in Manchester with my friends Sarah and Rachael to see Hairspray! I've had the most fantastic night!
First of all we had a meal in the Old Grapes pub which is just around the corner from the theatre so quite handy! Once inside we noticed tons of Coronation Street photos which we weren't surprised at as it is filmed nearby but in paticular there were alot of Liz Dawn who played Vera Duckworth in the soap. When our meal was served we asked the waitress about them and it turned out that Liz Dawn half owned the pub!!
Then it was time for the show! Hairspray is touring from the West End and our performance had Michael Ball as Edna Turnblad! He was sooooooo funny! The whole show was so well produced! I liked the film when it came out a couple of years ago and I watched Hairspray, the High School musical series on Sky so I was very familiar with the storyline and songs! I treated myself to the CD and a picture book of the show. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment