Saturday 7 July 2012

What's in my bag?

I was inspired by Jen's post to create my own. I, like her, like to see how other people keep their bags and as I'm a real handbag person I thought I'd share mine!


I currently use a Kipling Fairfax, which is Blue Jean in colour. I wear jeans most of the time which it goes perfectly with. Kipling bags are so durable, I own a few, all for different purposes, a lighter over the shoulder one, an overnighter and a travel wallet to name a few! One thing I really like about the bags is that they all come with a monkey! The monkeys have names but unfortunately this particular monkey has been washed so many times it has washed (or worn) off! I also have a lovely bead keyring hanging off mine which was made by my friend Wez.


I have used this bag for years (and I mean years!) I think it's one of the best used Christmas presents Mark has ever given me! It washes really well and has kept my things perfectly secure and organised! That's one thing I do like in a bag, lots of pockets and organising bits! I'm currently looking for a perfect travel bag in preparation for our travels to New Zealand at the end of the year. I like to be able to fully investigate the bag before purchasing. I have looked on the Kipling website and have narrowed it down to 3 but would like to look at them first before I decide. Anyway, getting back to my handbag, this is basically how it is organised. (Click on pic to make it bigger) Everything I carry around has a home in my bag!


The lift up flap at the front is nice and neat


and all these things fit into it. (Just on the right side of the photo above you can just see the key cord, I keep a trolley coin on that but forgot to photograph it!)


 My diary and notebook live in the front pocket. I couldn't keep track of everything without my diary!!! I will at this point make a note about my diary too, I am a real creature of habit and have found this range of diary from Paperchase perfect so have used this style for many years now, goodness knows what I will do if they ever discontinue it!


In the main compartment I keep my purse and a hairbrush. (My keys also go in here when out and about) There is also a zip compartment where I keep a small bunch of keys, my mum's, Mark's parents and a spare flat key. You'll see later on that I have a wallet that matches the bag. I used to use a matching purse too but stumbled across this gorgeous purse in Monsoon a few weeks ago and fell in love.......


 ........I mean look at the interior! It's so pretty! The coin section has this fabric in too. (Purses are my other weakness!)


Here is the matching wallet which I keep loyalty cards, not so very much used cards and vouchers. The mini purse I got for Christmas last year and I keep 'seperate money' in there. By which I mean if I carry and of Mark's, Charlie or Courtney's. (I.E. not spendable by me, LOL)


And finally the side pockets, the bag has a shoulder strap but it gets in the way on it all the time but I keep it with me in case I ever need it. A typical example would be on a big shopping spree and I cannot manage to carry everything or where I'm on my own with both children and they want to hold my hands so the shoulder strap comes out and I put my bag across my body. Then there's tissues (a must!) lip balm and sewing kit (is this the point where I tell the embarrassing story of my work pants splitting, whilst at work, I tell you at that point I was very grateful I carry a sewing kit with me! LOL!) On the other side is my 'handbag camera.' I have a DSLR that is my main camera but it's too big to lug about and there's always that 'not to be missed moment' so I've carried a camera around with me for a while now. Sometimes I use this camera far more than my DSLR.


So there you have it a complete tour of my handbag!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Hey, if you get yourself an iPhone you won't have to carry your camera, diary or notebook anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete