Friday 27 July 2012

Jubilee Cross Stitch

You may remember me saying at the beginning of the month about a stitching project I was excited about. Well yesterday my kit arrived and I can now tell you the story, a story I am absolutely delighted about.
I was looking for a cross stitch to commemorate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. I want to stitch a piece for our family to memorise the very special event. I googled and found this kit by Bothy Threads.


I liked it but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I did however stumble across an illustration on a blog header from one of Bothy Thread designers, June Armstrong.


I loved it and it was perfect for what I wanted, there was just one slight problem, it's an illustration, not a cross stitch! So I decided to ask the question, I contacted both June Armstrong and Bothy Threads to see if it could be made into a cross stitch design. As it was just after the Jubilee that I found the illustration and made contact, Kate at Bothy Threads wondered if maybe they would just miss the market but decided to give it a go. She has designed it as a birth sampler for babies born in the Jubilee year, a brilliant idea! For me she has specifically created it as the illustration with the writing at the top of he design. So as you can imagine I am very grateful and can't wait to start it. We are going on holiday tomorrow to Thirsk so I am taking it with me. Here it is as a cross stitch design..........soooooooo exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment