Monday 22 August 2011

Just me and my boy!


I can't tell you the last time it was just Charlie and me! Courtney goes to nursery on a Monday morning and as Charlie has now finished nursery I've planned that the 2 Monday mornings that we have together before he goes to school will be special ones! I was quite excited when I looked out this morning and saw we had a beautiful day as I really wanted the park to be one of our trips! We dropped Courtney off at 9:15 and were in Happy Mount Park at 9:25! The unfortunate thing was that I hadn't realised that nothing opens in the park until 10:30! Thankfully the park has 2 play areas that are free and it's a very pleasant walk around. So we started at the 'big boys' play area, this is where there is a huge climbing frame, a zip wire and biiiiiig swings! We have played in this area with friends and Charlie has never been overly confident but tries to join in. As we were the only ones there at that time this morning I spent some time properly showing him how to climb up the tyres etc without having to stop for another child to have a turn! Within about 3 times of helping him he'd mastered them and can now proudly do it himself, naturally after helping him climb up I had to get down somehow and the slide was far to tempting for this 37 year old!! It was fab!! LOL! Next was the zip wire, it is quite a big wire and he's still not so sure of it. He asked me to go on it with him and as I'm such a good mummy (and nobody else was there) how could I refuse, golly it went fast!! We then had a quick go on the swings before having a walk in the 'secret paths.' At that point we could hear the train, I looked at my watch and it was only 10:10, Charlie wanted to go and have a look but I said we wouldn't be able to go on yet as it was too early. He said he wanted to watch it until we could go on so we wandered off that way. The lady very kindly said that she would open early for him to ride and we had the train all to ourselves! He was delighted! We then headed over to the little play area, Charlie is much more comfortable here and went off independently to play and whilst I joined him for little plays the other time I just enjoyed the sunshine. I then noticed it had gone 10:30 so promised him an ice cream. The ice cream van arrived just as we got to the cafe so he decided he'd like one from there. I could see the lady was setting up so suggested we went to get Mummy a coffee first then get the ice cream. We sat at the nearest table to the ice cream van but the lady had disappeared! Charlie sat patiently waiting and my coffee was fast disappearing! It turned out she was at the other side of the van and it took her 20 minutes to finally open! Still Charlie was very good at waiting and I'm sure he didn't mind once he had his ice cream!
I wasn't sure how Charlie would be with the splash park, we've been a few times and had mixed reactions. This was our first visit this year, we walked into the area and he seemed keen, I put his cossie on and off he went! There was no stopping him! He ran through all the fountains laughing and giggling! I've promised him if we get another nice day before school we'll go back with Courtney. To finish off his special morning we went to Nanna and Grandad's. He stayed there whilst I went to collect Courtney from nursery. I now have a very tired, but happy, little boy.♥

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day and special time for just the two of you. You are such a great mom.

    ReplyDelete