Saturday 13 August 2011

Anglesey

After the court hearing we set took Sylvia, Hughie and my Mum to The Old Bell cafe, (it's our favourite cafe!) for a drink and celebratory cake! It was as lovely as ever and so nice to be together.
Once we'd finished at the cafe we left the grandparents in Lancaster and the 4 of us set off to spend the night away in Anglesey. We arrived at around 3pm, checked into the hotel, freshened up then had a run out to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch which is officially the longest place name in the United kingdom at 58 letters long! We had the obligatory photos taken at the train station and then had a look around the gift shop and tourist information centre where we stamped our passports!



After a good night's sleep we set off to go and see a lighthouse, this was the reason we'd headed to Anglesey because this wasn't any ordinary lighthouse, this lighthouse you could go inside and explore! There are only a handful of lighthouses now that you can go inside so this was a special opportunity. Ever since we saw the lighthouses on holiday in Ireland Charlie has had a real fascination of them, he talks about them constantly so this was definitely his treat! The rain had stopped for us and both children did really well walking the 410 steps to the lighthouse and back (never mind them, it nearly killed me 820 steps!! ) Plus there were 108 steps once were inside the lighthouse!!!!! Courtney wasn't allowed to go up the lighthouse as she's under 1m tall, we didn't know this before we went but they are well set up for littlies and there was a playroom. I went up the lighthouse first with Charlie then he conquered the 108 steps another time taking Daddy up! He loved it, as soon as we got out of the car he was dancing about with excitement, it was a joy for us to watch.

Whilst I was in the playroom with Courtney I looked through a few leaflets and found out there was a model village on Anglesey. I thought it might be fun for Charlie and Courtney so we drove to have a look. It was really good and we had a nice wander around the miniature buildings and at the end there was a playground so we had a little play on there before setting off home.

Have you seen Charlie and Courtney's 'smile' faces, they make me laugh!
We really enjoyed our time at Anglesey, it was the perfect way for us to celebrate being a family of 4 officially!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! That is a long name!!! I have an online scrappy friend that lives in Swansea, Wales. Every once in a while, she mails me things that are in Welsh and translates them. It it so fun to see how things are written, but I do chuckle at the difference - not a lot of vowels in there. :) I wouldn't even know how to pronounce it! LOL I love your photos! I will have to live vicariously through you and my friend in Wales. Someday maybe I will be able to travel overseas to Europe.

    ReplyDelete