Wednesday 11 August 2010

Random sunflower & building work starts - Yay!



A few weeks ago we planted three sunflowers Although they have grown a little they really haven't taken off as such, LOL! Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I noticed a random sunflower growing in the back garden, on the new piece of land! I was quite chuffed to discover it! When I mowed the grass last week I took great care not to disturb it and today I noticed that it has bloomed! The builder is starting work in the garden tomorrow so i've also taken some 'before' photos. (you can see on them just how random the sunflower is, LOL!!)
So the plan in the back garden is we're having the concrete divide completely removed, we're replacing all the fencing with a solid wall which will be about 8 ft high and totally private. this wall will continue along the side of our driveway, stepping down near to where I park on the drive and then there will be a new wall to divide the drive and back garden, making the garden nice and secure for the children to play in :D In the bottom corner we're hoping to dig a hole deep enough to sink the trampoline into, there was an old tree near to there and we're hoping the roots won't prevent us from this, only time will tell!! Finally, and for me the best bit ;D we're having an extension built off the back of the garage which will be my new craft room!♥


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I'll have to come up later and see the progress - or you can escape the noisy building work and come here!

    ReplyDelete