Monday 2 August 2010

15.5 miles


We had a lovely day for our bike ride today! I suggested today's route as we haven't cycled to Carnforth for a while! We rode to the promenade from my parent in law's house and took that up to Hest Bank, climbed Hest Bank hill which i'm pleased to say I can now seem to do with ease! That hill used to be the bain of my cycling and quite often I would end up walking up it, LOL! Now I can cycle it without even changing gears!! We got onto the canal and cycled to Carnforth where we saw the cygnets, they've grown so much!! I have seen them in between times from my last post about them but I was so surprised today! It seemed odd that their dad (i'm presuming it's dad, of course it could be mum!!) is still protecting them!! He was scarily big when he stood up and stretched his neck, LOL!! When walking past I kept my bike that side of him!!
I decided it would be too short to just cycle back so we continued on the canal to Lancaster, we got off at Barleycop Lane and rode right around Ryelands Park before getting onto the cycle path at Carlisle bridge back to Sylvia and Hughie's.
This evening I have cut the grass too so i'm hoping i'll have burned off a few calories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment