Saturday 2 July 2011

Maiden Voyage!






I have been keen to get a cycle trailer for a long time, even more so since we hired one on holiday last year! I really want to be able to ride around with Charlie and Courtney! For my birthday in May my very kind parents in law, Sylvia and Hughie, gave me half of the money for one! I shopped around and found one I really liked in Halfords and as a bonus it was on offer as it was Bank Holiday. I had to order it online as there was no stock at our local branch and it arrived the next day! Mark built it straight away and it has just been sitting in the garage for a few weeks! The weather has been hit and miss and on any nice days we usually had something planned! I had wanted to cycle to nursery with it on Friday but we couldn't work out quickly enough how to attach it to my bike. In the end I found the instructions online and today off we went! It was fantastic! I loved towing them, yes I can feel a very big difference pulling it with them in but they really enjoyed it and I got great pleasure out of that. We cycled along the promenade, which had stunning views today, to Happy Mount Park. We had an ice cream there before heading back. (we cycled approx 8.5 miles)

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! They are getting so big. They will give you a real workout! You can do half as many miles if you're towing them :)

    ReplyDelete