Wednesday 29 June 2011

We have a date!!

It's been such a long wait, a very long wait. We brought Charlie home in June 2008 and he was legally ours by the November. We brought Courtney home in November last year and as I said in my last post there has been delay after delay with her application. Firstly her birth certificate was lost by Social services and it took 8 weeks to get a new one, our Social Worker was on holiday when we wanted to submit so we had to wait for her to come back to check over the application, then after quite a long time I rang to find out what was happening only to be told that there were no photos included with the Social Workers reports (I emailed them to both Social Workers and I know they're an important part of the application) so our application was deferred. In the end I emailed them directly to the court myself. Courtney's Social Worker has now gone on maternity leave, we were meant to have got to court before she finished but finally yesterday we had a letter with the date! Courtney will be legally ours on the 11th of July! we then have a celebration hearing on the 12th of August to 'rubber stamp' it. Normally this hearing is 2 weeks after but we're being delayed because the judge is going on holiday! Hey ho, at least we now finally have the date and I can finally take the hearts off her beautiful little face♥

2 comments: