Saturday 30 April 2011

Angel of the North

We are in Durham for the Bank Holiday weekend! We've had a really nice day today! The first thing we did was drive to The Scrapbook shop. I bought a few nice things but didn't go overboard and was delighted with only a £41 bill! LOL!
We then checked into our hotel (Bannatynes) and had a little relax before heading out to the Angel of the North. We had a nice tea in a pub in Durham city centre and then came back where we've watched Britains Got Talent whilst I cross stitched. I've been doing the paper dolls on the Gorjuss girl and they're adorable apart from the special thread, golly, that's fiddly, it keeps fraying but the effect is worth the effort!

I LOVE this photo from today, all 4 of us are looking! (I'm sorry, I know you can't see Courtney but she is looking and has a lovely smile too!) It's just a slight shame that the Angel isn't quite centered but hey ho, I love the pic anyway!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that pic of the four of you and I especial;y like that the angel isn't centred - great use of the rule of thrds which makes for a pleasing /interesting composition!

    ReplyDelete