Saturday 12 February 2011

'Michael'


So, in my last two posts I've mentioned my beloved bear and made a comment that I may one day do a blog post about him, well that day has come, LOL!
This little teddy bear is my most treasured possession, he has been absolutely everywhere with me and even has his own passport! My great grandmother (Nanna, above) made him for me when my mum was pregnant with me, she was a fabulous toy maker, I have a few toys that she made for me as I was growing up but Michael has always been my favourite. His name is a bit of a funny story really, my sister has Michael's twin (I say twin, her bear is identical but is a whitish colour and is a year younger!) and he's called Andrew! Our cousins are called Andrew and Michael and my mum claims that we named our bears after them when we were little!!!
He's a fully jointed little chap but not all his arms and legs move anymore, you can tell how bear loved he is too! I used to suck my thumb as a child with him as my comfort! I lost count of the amount of times he visited 'bear hospital' and Nanna had to repair him. Fortunately my Nanna lived to 97, bless her, so he was well maintained more or less until I'd grown up! I remember being horrified every time my mum washed him in the twin tub machine, I'd see him come to the surface and go back down again, isn't it funny the things you remember!
Michael has always sat at the top of my bed, whether I've been at home on holiday or even in hospital! He's my bestest companion and is the best secret keeper I know, LOL!

Photos by Jen

3 comments:

  1. Yes but I notice you fail to mention the things he gets up to when left alone in hotel rooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen I wish he would get left in a hotel room :-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Darling, no chance!!!!!!!
    Jen, I keep telling you, my bear was innocent, LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete