Tuesday 16 March 2010

Butterflies.........


Charlie and I have had a very special trip out today! I have a very precious friend called Albert, I say friend but I regard him very much as an adopted grandfather! I met him and his dear wife, Agnes, on a coach holiday to Austria in 1991. I was with my Grandma and the 4 of us had a very special bond the whole holiday. They lived very near to the college I was studying at so I used to go around for my lunch every week. Sadly Agnes died about 9 years ago and Albert seems so lost without her. It's been a little while since i've seen him, i've kept in contact with cards etc but I really wanted to see him. It's been hard contacting him as i've never been able to catch him in but I managed to ring one day whilst his carer was there and made arrangements to go this afternoon. We had a little run out to Williamson's Park, Albert has fond memories up there and truly enjoyed the trip. We also went into the butterfly house, it was very warm in there!            




No comments:

Post a Comment