Tuesday 25 February 2014

Butlins

When I was a child the only family holiday we ever went on was to Butlins in Ayr, Scotland. To be honest I only have very vague recollections of it as I was so young and I think this is the only photo that we have of our time there but I love this pic! Grandma, Dad, Mum and Grandad with me and my sister in front!

 
So fast forward quite a number of years and we find out that Scooby Doo is currently doing the Butlins circuit! Charlie is Scooby Doo crazy! He just loves him and watches it every night after school, imagine being able to not only meet him but go and see a live show with everyone in it! We decided to book a weekend of half term in Skegness. The unfortunate thing was they were back at school on Monday so we were only able to stay 2 out of the 3 nights but never mind. Once we'd booked I went to the travel agent to get a brochure. Only then did we find out that Angelina Ballerina was also going to be there and Courtney could do a dance class with her!! Amazing for both children. There were a number of characters there that they were both familiar with so it was excellent!
I have to say we had an absolutely fabulous weekend away! Our chalet was nice, the fairground good fun and the swimming pool had just gone through a multi million pound renovation so was great! I can't see how anyone could get bored! It's somewhere I'd like to visit again at some point! Just such good fun!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment