Sunday 14 July 2013

Charlie's Ark

My latest cross stitch project is this piece.


It is called 'Charlie & Sally' but I've renamed it 'Charlie & Courtney.' I have had it for a couple of years and did make a start on the little girl's head and a little of her dress, then it was abandoned. I didn't really know at the time why I lost interest, I just did. A few weeks ago I was reminded about this kit by my friend Tree. I was totally inspired again and I realised that it was because I was stitching on aida, the fabric supplied with the kit. Once I got going on evenweave there was no stopping me. I have to admit that due to the heat I have been a little intermittent recently in my stitching but the little girl is now complete, she's delightful! (I took this photo whilst at Chorley crop yesterday and have since stitched the rainbow.)


No comments:

Post a Comment