Thursday 12 May 2011

Thirty-seven


Well hello 37!! So this is what 37 feels like, is it? It feels pretty good from where I'm standing!
I have had the most wonderful birthday! From the moment I woke up and had 3 voices singing Happy Birthday to me, opening my pressies on the bed together with my precious family, had coffee at Costa with my mum (and Charlie and Courtney.) I've got tons of lovely facebook messages, special b'day messages from my Chorley mates! had a few lovely telephone calls, surprise flowers delivered to the door from Mark, Charlie and Courtney. A surprise visitor who also brought flowers! And my dear friend Kathryn who brought a chocolate cake. Her daughter (my god daughter♥) Jessica even wanted to go home after school to especially get changed into her party clothes to come and see me. My sister popped in to say hello too with my niece Emma. I have been truly spoilt with the most lovely gifts and feel truly happy.
We've just had a chinese for tea, I say chinese loosely as we had roast chicken and chip, LOL! and now Mark and I are going to settle and watch a DVD together♥

I just have to make a note of Charlie this morning! Last night he was helping Mark to wrap my pressies, Mark had told him they were a secret and not to tell Mummy what they were. I overheard this so started teasing Charlie asking him what my gifts were If he was to accidentally say what they were I was going to stop him but, bless♥, he actually kept saying it was a secret and he made such a game of it. So this morning as I said we were all sitting on our bed and I literally took the corner off my first gift when he excitedly exclaimed 'It's a necklace Mummy!!' And true, it contained a beautiful silver 'Mummy' necklace. Then my next gift, I'd just managed to get a sliver of paper off when he exclaimed once again 'It's a picture mummy for your photographs!' Soooooo cute! It must have been so hard for him to keep the secrets, he did so well. Now, we are having sleeps to his birthday, he knows it's after Mummy's, poor love though has to wait until the 29th, LOL!!

I'm quite pleased with this photo we took it using the self timer function. Charlie and Courtney think the flashing light is fun, it flashes faster and faster until it takes the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment