Sunday 15 May 2011

She's finished!


At times I thought I wasn't going to be able to say that! but alas, here's my 'Gorjuss Girl.' Working the actual girly was straight forward and really enjoyable but the blues background seemed to take forever! The scissors and book were a welcome relief from all that long stitching, LOL! But she's finished now and I love her! I really like the effect threads, I don't know how well they've shown up on the scan but the paper dolls have a silver sheen to them and the title and back stitch around the hair are a light effects thread, very pretty. She's quite dimensional too! the little black dots are actually beads and the heart in the title is a cute didi button! I am going to take her into the framers tomorrow and hopefully soon she will be gracing my craft room walls.
I have named her 'Beryl' as today would have been my Grandma's 93rd Birthday and it seems appropriate to name her after my Grandma as I've finished her today!

1 comment: