Monday 13 December 2010

My craft room is finished! (photo and reading heavy!!LOL)

It seems like it has gone on for weeks since the actual building work of my craft room was complete but with the arrival of Courtney and being let down by people it does seem to have taken ages to finally get organised and finished! The glass arrived to protect the top of my desk and finally late last week the blinds were fitted and I decided to use a bit of 'girl power' and hung my gorgeous clock, pictures and ikea rail. I might end up tweaking the room a little yet but for now I'm saying it is finished -Yay! I LOVE my room, it's everything I wanted it to be, for a while now I've been collecting cupcake themed things but the idea has developed into chintsy things I love!
So this is what my room looks like now, the sun was out when I was taking the pictures, (I'm not complaining, I love the sun during the winter but it has distorted a few!!)
I adore this house bookshelf from Argos! It has my cricut, quickutz and slice machines on it as well as 3 lovely ladies! I added the pom pom trim to the top.
The expedit and gorgeous clock which was a creamy white originally but Jen painted it black for me, thanks Jen!

This is a Making Memories unit that I bought a while ago, it was a QVC Today's Special Value. It's a really useful shelf unit and has my buttons, ink misters, dymo tapes, decorative trimmer blades and all my little embellies like eyelets, brads etc on it. The next photo is a close up of some old prima bottles with photos in, an idea I saw on Kirsty Wiseman's blog. (I must sort the cat's one out though, I hadn't noticed the top is coming out, LOL)

I just love the knobs!

This is the right hand wall as you look into the room
A close up of the ikea Hensvik unit, this has all my ribbons stored in it. (I need to paint up the 'create' motif yet)
My gorgeous antique plan chest, I have bought this as a family heirloom and I hope it will be passed down my generations, it was bought with inheritance from my Dad, Grandma and Nanna, my Mum also very kindly gave me some money for it too so it's a real family piece and means so much to me♥
The next few photos are just some details that I love! The first is a photo of my inspirations! I adore my little family and they needed to have a prime spot in my room! I bought the chocolate lady earlier this year, her words are sooooo true, LOL! I have mentioned it before but when Jen and I were moving the plan chest we spotted this acrylic frame in my stash and it fitted perfectly over the light switch, I backed it with some red paper, et voila! Next is a lovely piece I bought from a girl who was exhibiting with my niece in their college course. I instantly fell for it and through the help of their college instructor made contact with the girl who created it, I can't remember her name off hand but I have it noted, you never know she could be a famous designer or artist one day!! I framed it in a nice simple Ikea frame as I didn't want to detract from the piece. Again, I have mentioned it before but next is the runner I made to protect the drawers. Lastly, this is a decal I've had forever! I'm so pleased it now has a home, it took some doing getting it up there, I'll tell you but it was so worth the effort. it is just above the door and window.






Now, I don't know if you're like me but i'm a nosey so and so and I like to know how people store their crafting bits and bobs! So here's a few pics of my storage, it works quite well for me and i'm sure it'll keep developing but for now it looks like this!
These first 2 pics are the cupboards under the house.
All my stamps are stored in the cupboard on the left, the plastic containers store my wooden stamps, all categorised! (there is another row behind!) In the white drawers are my acrylic, date and Birthday and Christmas greeting stamps. In the blue cube in the other cupboard I keep my threads, scrap paper and branded/categorised papers (Charlie, Courtney, Christmas, Stripes, Spots etc!) To the left of the cube are all my trimmers,cutting mats, my guillotine is normally there too but as I was scrapping in Chorley on Saturday I haven't put it back yet! In the front of the cupboard is my sewing machine.



My bookcases are next, in the left one I keep all my books, at the top you may notice an A4 folder, there are actually 2 and these are my 'inspiration stations' where i've cut ideas out of magazines, one is scrapping and the other is cross stitch. In the right hand bookshelf I have Really useful boxes at the top full of bits and bobs! The next shelf down houses some great Ikea storage drawers, these have loads in then including glitters, inks, coloured sand, pergamano stuff etc in. On the bottom shelf I have some A4 plastic boxes that have all my card making stuff in.


I have a cupboard to the right of where I sit at my desk, I keep my 12x12 papers in there, they're all colour sorted and easily accessible.

Next is my gorgeous antique pine plan chest, I cannot believe how much I got into this! It has all my sizzix and cuttlebug dies in it and almost every punch I own! In the bottom 2 drawers I have embelishments in A4 plastic wallets, again categorised.
These are a few of the expedit baskets, I wanted an expedit for sooooo long! Originally this was in the spare bedroom and it's been fantastic storage, i've organised it a little differently now it's in my craft room.
These are my letter stickers, both drawers are colour sorted, thickers to the left and general stickers/rub ons to the right.

Chipboard basket
These are a few punches that were too big to put in the plan chest
Blossoms, again all colour sorted into tubs.
And finally, to the left of my desk I have drawers, these house all my tools! The first drawer you see is the top drawer, in the second drawer down I keep my Kipling 100 pens case which is the one I take to crops with me and houses everything I generally need so I just put that onto my desk when i'm crafting at home. The other drawer you see is the adhesives drawer! In the others I have things like paint brushes, dottarific pens, a roll of fine tipped pens, circle scissor etc.

3 comments:

  1. Karen it looks amazing...as does the outside. Just a little envious here....but happy for you too.
    Hugs
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is perhaps the most fabulous craft room I have ever seen. I can only dream of such a space - I am shoved into the utility room, but one day.....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's just amazing, so lucky lucky you!

    ReplyDelete