Wednesday 29 December 2010

Christmas 2010


We really enjoyed Christmas this year, our first as a family of 4! As previously blogged I attended the Christingle service on Christmas Eve, that really got me into the spirit of things. During Christmas Eve evening we tenderly laid out all the children's pressies with the help of Father Christmas of course! I was quite excited when we went to bed, I couldn't wait to see the children's faces in the morning. They're of the age where they don't properly realise what is going on yet so allowed us a sleep in on Christmas morning (they're great when there's no alarm goes off, they are good sleepers!) Anyway, when they woke we brought them into our room and talked a little about Christmas and then told them we'd go and see if Father Christmas had been, at this point Charlie did get quite excited! I darted in front of them and grabbed my camera so I could record their reaction as they walked into the room! they were, as expected, quite overwhelmed! They were both so good opening their presents, it was such a joy to watch. They both carefully opened each one and had a little play before opening the next. No doubt in a few years time it will just be a mad frenzy opening session so we're savouring these nice timed ones! Both children seem to really like their main presents, Charlie got a camera, a bright yellow camera which we've niknamed his 'Wobble Bear camera' after one of his favourite books where Wobble Bear constantly says Yellow, Yellow, Yellow! Bless♥ Courtney got a lovely pink pram for her 'babies' She never came with any dollies so I really wanted her to have some for Christmas, my wish was granted, we now have a lovely little 'dolly family!'
At lunchtime we headed to my sisters to see her, my brother in law, my mum and nephews and niece. We exchanged pressies there, Nic (Nicola) and I don't buy for each other anymore, we buy for the children but I was admiring a photo my brother in law took of my nephews and niece and was delighted when she gave me a copy they'd had printed.

Chris (15) Emma (11) & Ben (14)

After our visit we went to my parent in law's house for Christmas dinner, I was delighted to be invited as it's the first year I haven't cooked Christmas dinner in years!! We originally were due to have Christmas dinner at home again but were invited by Sylvia and Hughie the week before Christmas. It was a beautiful dinner, my mother in law is a fantastic cook! We spent the afternoon with them and left around 4:30 so that the children could have another play with their new toys before they went to bed (we did take some new toys with us to my parent's in law)
I walked into our living room after we'd put the children to bed and I tell you, you could not move in there!! It looked like a whole box of fireworks had exploded so Mark and I set to and found homes for all the lovely new toys and put their new clothes in their bedroom ready to be hung the next day. We then sat and enjoyed a bit of Christmas TV and an internet catch up before bed.
On Boxing Day my mum came up to us, it was lovely to just spend the day totally relaxing, having mum's company and the children enjoying their new toys. We didn't have rigid eating times, just ate when we fancied and all of us enjoyed a play on the Wii sing that I had got for Christmas!
A truly lovely Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment