Friday 14 January 2011

Next cross stitch project!

We are going on holiday to Turkey next week (or Chicken if you listen to Charlie, LOL!) It was a surprise booking that happened on New Year's Eve so we've not had long to wait, yay!
As the children will be in bed in the evenings I wanted to find a new cross stitch project to take with me, Mark enjoys reading and I can stitch so it'll be nice and quiet. I searched for a little while before I came across the Margaret Sherry designs, she designs Penny Black rubber stamps too and i've always loved them so stitching one of her designs seemed apt. There were quite a few that I really liked but in the end I decided to stitch 'Coffee and Cuddles' after a friend (thank you Cara!) noticed that the mugs matched the knobs in my craft room! I can't wait to get started on it, the design just happened to be in a previous issue of Cross Stitcher so I sorted through my threads to see which colours I already had and bought the rest, the fabric i'm using is an off cut from the My Little Heart cross stitch so all in all it's going to end up a nice little budget project!

(image found on Google to show the completed project)

No comments:

Post a Comment